Before I start my endless rants, let me ask you this first:
- What’s your secret to happiness?
- What makes you get out of bed every morning?
- Is it going to work, making a difference, or educating yourself?
In The Happy Secret to Better Work, Shawn Achor’s talk truly inspired me to be content with my happiness on a day to day basis. We as humans are always striving for the best. Nothing is ever “good enough” in our books. I even do it this on a daily basis without even realizing it. It’s like we are on a human rat race… and it is NEVER ENDING. How can we just be content with ourselves in the present without putting ourselves down by not always being the so called “best”? (done with my rant).
What You Can Do
- Instead of thinking about what you can be doing to be the best… First realize that you are the best! (own your shit)
- Think about how far you have come and stop comparing yourselves to everyone around you.
- If you rely on materialistic things to be happy, you will never reach the other end of the equation.
Happiness and YOU = Infinite happiness. Seems simple enough, right? Make a list, take pictures, write it down. Whatever helps you get to the end of the equation, make it happen.
1. My Unconditional Lovers. Vito and Tobi
2. Food, Food and… more Food
3. Fearless Travels and Adventures
4. Exploring Mother Nature through Spirituality
5. And of course… Coffee, Tea, Coffee… and more Coffee.
Think, reflect, share and appreciate.
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Till next time,